Function of SLDC
In accordance with section 32 of the Electricity Act, 2003 roles and functions of SLDCs are as under:
- The SLDCs shall be the Apex Body to ensure integrated operation of the power system in a State.
- SLDCs shall :
- be responsible for optimum scheduling and despatch of electricity within a State in accordance with the contracts entered into with the licensees or the generating Companies operating in that State.
- monitor grid operation.
- keep accounts of the quantity of electricity transmitted through State grid.
- exercise supervision and control over the inter-State transmission system.
- be responsible for carrying out real-time operation for grid control and despatch of electricity within the State through secure and economic operation of the State Grid in accordance with the Grid standards and State Grid Code.
- SLDCs in the Southern Region are performing the following functions.
- Overall supervision, monitoring and control of the integrated power system in the State on a real-time basis for ensuring stability, security and economy operation of the power system in the State.
- Optimum scheduling and dispatch of electricity within the State. For this SLDCs estimate the demand of the State / DISCOMS, as may be the case, availability of power in the State/DISCOMS from State generators and other sources like Central Generating stations, bilateral contracts etc, conveys the final requisition to RLDCs on the State’s entitlement from the Central Generating Stations and bilateral transactions under open access, if any, and issues final dispatch schedule to the State Generators and drawal schedule to the DISCOMS