- SLDC in the State of Himachal Pradesh was established in the year 2002 and since then Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board Ltd. (erstwhile HPSEB) was taking care of various SLDC functions uptill its reorganization under reforms scheme, 2010.
- In order to ensure that SLDC discharges the functions and duties entrusted with it as per the Electricity Act 2003, in an efficient and effective manner, the Himachal Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission imparted directions to HPSEB Ltd. time and again to take steps to ring fence SLDC and grant it functional autonomy.
- In exercising the provisions of Section 131(2), 132 & 133 and other provisions of Electricity Act, 2003, the Govt. of H.P. made the transfer scheme. Clause 4 (Section 6) of transfer scheme notified by the Government of Himachal Pradesh (GoHP) under “Himachal Pradesh Power Sector Reforms, 2010” stipulates
- “The statutory functions of State Load Dispatch Centre shall be undertaken by an entity under the Directorate of Energy, Government of Himachal Pradesh. It has further been provisioned that to undertake the economic dispatch of electricity from the generating stations to various load centers, including the on-line real time monitoring and control of
supply of electricity in the area of supply, HPSEB Ltd. shall run its Area Load Dispatch Centre. The present State Load Despatch Centre shall also include the HPSEB Area Load Dispatch Centre, each with their independent functions”.
- The Govt. of Himachal Pradesh ordered the establishment of State Load Despatch Centre as an independent entity in the form of “Himachal Pradesh State Load Despatch Society” vide its order No. MPP-B (13)-2/2010 dated 8.11.2010.
- HPSEB Ltd., has put the services of some of its employees on secondment basis with HPLDS with effect from 17thJune 2012. HPLDS has therefore deemed to have taken over the functions of State Load Despatch Centre from HPSEB Ltd. with effect from 17th June 2012.